Monday, March 2, 2009

A new month, a new me

March has always been a month of change.  To me it signals the end of a cold, dark winter and the coming of a warmer, brighter spring.  Something I love about the month is watching the crocuses, daffodils, and tulips break through the brown soil with their green leaves and colorful flowers.  As I see them in my own yard as well as others, they bring me hope of lighter days with more sunshine and warmth.  These flowers have hidden underground during the long months of winter but have not given up.  Not only do they eventually blossom, but they make this effort immediately after sensing any increase in temperature, for they are eager to enjoy the spring and summer again.  These flowers know that their colorful petals and vibrant stems will turn brown once more and they will have to turn inward and endure more dark times.  But this doesn't stop them from fulfilling their beautiful potential.  Often times throughout the cold months of winter, these flowers not only survive but grow and become stronger, filling gardens with more and more beautiful blossoms each year.

I hope to become like these flowers.  I hope to blossom and fulfill more of my potential.  I know hard times will come again, but I want to enjoy every good day the Lord grants me.  I want my trials to motivate me to be brighter and stronger during the good times rather than live in fear of another "winter."  As March transitions from winter to spring, I am trying to transition from sadness to joy.  We all know that the month of March does not mean there will be no more blizzards or rainstorms, but that more and more sunny days are on their way.  And maybe I too will have more sunny days.  The months are changing and so am I.  

No comments:

Post a Comment