Sunday, September 14, 2008

LOgan TO JAckson


Last week Dave and his dad rode over 200 miles on their bikes from Logan, Utah to Jackson, Wyoming- quite the feat! Peg and I acted as the "support team" supplying peanut butter sandwiches, gatorade, Snickers bars, and a whole lot of moral support. Despite a few falls, emergency bathroom breaks, and unplanned detours off the beaten path (and that's not just the racers!), everyone safely finished the race with loads of daylight to spare.

After over 13 hours on a bicycle, Dave and Bob were eager to rest. But the next morning, us girls had plans of our own, with lots of sightseeing and shopping to accomplish in a short amount of time. Since this was my first time to Jackson, I wanted to take it all in. But one of my favorite sights of all was seeing Dave and Bob cross the finish line in Teton Village. A big CONGRATS goes out to them both- I'm so proud of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment