Sunday, September 14, 2008

Utah State Fair 2008


I entered two items into the State Fair this year and was awarded two ribbons! This is the first time I have ever received a "prize" for any of my baked goods, and I'm pretty excited about the $3 I won. Although I didn't bring home the blue ribbon, this gives me room to grow and encouragement for next year's entries. Any suggestions?
Does it get any more home-town, American, and fair-like than this? A good, old-fashioned square dancing competition. Add this to your list of reasons to make the fair a must-see yearly event.

While the goat was taking a strong liking to Dave, I was becoming infatuated with the tiny piglets. They reminded me of Wilbur and Babe, two of my favorite pigs. I just like to think they'll be rewarded for their debut at the fair with something besides a slaughter house, even if it's just a "that'll do, pig."

No comments:

Post a Comment