Sunday, October 26, 2008

The Last of the Harvest

With warm weather extending well into October this year, we've been able to enjoy our garden for longer than expected. My favorite vegetable we grew would have to be tomatoes (not to mention it's one of the only ones that really thrived.) Sacks full of tomatoes have been taking up most of the refrigerator space, motivating me to make multiple batches of salsa and bruschetta. I love the combined flavors of the yellow and red tomatoes, and I've basically been putting them in everything. This past week, we savored some of the last fruits as we topped some ravioli with the colorful concoction. It actually turned out be be a few ravioli alongside our tomatoes rather than the other way around. But if you ask me, that's how I prefer it. It makes me sad to think I'll be forced to buy tomatoes at the store in just a few short weeks. Until then, bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment