Monday, October 6, 2008

i heart target

While happily shopping at Target today, I realized that my love for the store deserves a public declaration. So I am now announcing that I officially love Target, especially Super Target. Now I know it's not good to love worldly things and material goods, but this goes way beyond that. I love more than their amazing finds in the dollar section and fashionably cute yet affordable clothing. It's the feeling I get when I enter the automatic doors, pick up my red shopping cart, and take in the bright lights and aroma of freshly popped popcorn. At this moment, I feel right at home.

So Target, how do I love you? Let me count the ways...
1. Target brand anything is just as good (if not better) than the "brand name" item. And I don't know if an "Archer Farms" really exists, but I do know that I enjoy every mouthful of food that comes from said Farms.
2. Target commercials have got to be the best ones out there, even better than mac/apple commercials. I wish I could set my DVR to record every single one. I get excited just for the ads, and even more excited to actually visit the store!
3. Target is the true one-stop spot. I think I could shop at Target and only Target for an extended number of years and be perfectly happy. The only thing you really can't get there (yet) is a car or a house.
4. Look no further for excellent athletic clothing. From sports bras to gym socks, they've got you covered. Sometimes a new gym tank is just the motivation I need.
5. Target really gets into the spirit of things. For any holiday from Valentines to Halloween and of course Christmas, Target will not only provide you with the gifts you need for your loved ones, but the decorations, appropriate colored m&m's, and greeting cards for the occasion.

I could go on and on, but I better stop now before I get too carried away. I love Target so much, I'll even forgive them for their horrible return policy. A small price to pay for such a gold mine of a retailer. If you don't already share my love for this place, give it another shot. You just might develop a crush.

No comments:

Post a Comment