Friday, December 12, 2008

Cookie Monster

We just celebrated one of my favorite days of the year: the Annual Cookie Bake. This is something we've been doing forever and not only do I cherish the memories, but also every bite of every cookie. The girls of the family get together, everyone brings their assigned cookie dough, and we bake for about 10 hours straight. My mom's oven should be on a commercial for Kenmore- everyone would buy that oven if they could have these delicious cookies coming out of it every 8 to 10 minutes.
We roll, dip, cool, and frost all day long until we leave exhausted, with tins FULL of cookies. This year we made 8 varieties, and ended up with thousands of cookies. We share them with neighbors, friends, loved ones, and keep some for ourselves, of course!
The types of cookies we make are special because we only make them at the Cookie Bake. I look forward to them all year, especially the Thumbprints, with their perfect dollop of green frosting surrounded by toasted chopped pecans... yum!
I was in charge of making all the dough for the chocolate crackle. I had 2 mixing bowls full, and I used over 20 eggs and 10 cups of flour! Their ooey-gooey goodness leaves you only wanting one thing: a tall glass of cold milk. For the next month, there will always be something to eat at my house: milk and cookies. No longer is my freezer full of frozen veggies, chicken breasts, and popsicles- just loads and loads of cookies. Just the way I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment