Monday, April 6, 2009

Comforts of Home, part two

Home Sweet Home. I have unloaded my deep feelings of love for my parents' home, but I must say it is my second favorite. Here in my little blue house lies my all-time favorite place. There are so many things about it I love, mostly the feeling I have when I'm inside its walls. From morning to night, I appreciate:
  • waking up to this
  • the tennis ball hanging in our garage making sure my car squeezes in just right
  • seeing Joey look at me through the kitty door as I reverse down the driveway
  • finding Dave's socks at the bottom of the bed, knowing he kicked them off while asleep
  • doing laundry in our high-tech washer and dryer that I won from Dan's grocery store
  • cuddling on the couch after dinner to watch LOST, 30 Rock, or a Jazz game
  • how Dave can be in the family room while I'm on the computer and we can still be having a normal conversation
  • the painting on our wall that reminds me of getting engaged and melts my heart every time I see it
  • crawling into bed with the one I love, feeling safe as I fall asleep knowing he'll be next to me now and always

No comments:

Post a Comment