Saturday, February 12, 2011

gray + yellow = love

I find it hard to resist the combination of gray and yellow. Maybe it's this time of the year- the sky is often gray, but a peek of sun coming through makes everything beautiful. And as spring draws closer, the bright colors bring hope, happiness, and signs of a new beginning. I think that's how I've been feeling lately: there are many moments, hours, or days where I feel sad and gray. But then I'll get a splash of yellow- a ray of hope concerning the future, a kind word, a prayer answered, a heartfelt conversation. Maybe the gray makes the yellow even more vibrant and happy, and the yellow shines a light on the gray which makes it look not so drab. But I believe the true beauty comes from the combination of the two.




No comments:

Post a Comment