Tuesday, August 2, 2011

on the deck

One of my favorite parts of summer is spending time on my parents' deck in the evenings. You can always find lots of shade, laughter, and homemade ice cream.
Besides her own home, Lillian gets more love here than any place else. From 3 to 83, family of all ages are constantly wanting to hold her, and Lillian eats up every second of it.
The double-fist maneuver has been perfected. Those two thumbs have helped FOUR teeth break through, with the help of a lot of drool. When I see those teeth I think of two things: 1) she's growing up so fast! and 2) thank heavens I'm not breastfeeding.

2 comments:

  1. She is such a cutie, I can see why everyone lines up to hold her! That's great she has four teeth, it helps a lot when they get old enough to start eating real food

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want one of me with Lillian.. well, at least you got one of me with my next best friend, ice cream.
    that top photo of you and Lilly is one of my all time fav.

    ReplyDelete