Friday, October 28, 2011

our eternal family

I will never forget October 26, 2011. We had the wonderful opportunity of taking Lillian to the Salt Lake Temple to be sealed to us for time and all eternity. This is a dream come true for Dave and I, and our hearts couldn't be more full of love.
My eyes were overflowing with tears as I saw this sweet face in the temple, all dressed in white. We know all of our children were there with us, celebrating Lillian's official arrival into our forever family. Top two pictures: credit to Peg Watkins Photography
Lillian's birth parents, Heidi and Alejandro, love her so much and are so grateful she is sealed to our family forever. They are both wonderful people with hearts of gold, whom we love dearly.
I love the feeling of her hand in mine. I plan on holding her hand when she gets shots at the doctor, on her first day of school, when her heart breaks for the first time, on her wedding day as I help her into her beautiful dress, and as she gets ready to deliver her precious babies. I hope she will hold my hand as I watch her grow up, as I get old, and when I need some extra help getting around. And during all of these special times, I will always be reminded of when she was a baby and we held hands in the temple to become an eternal family.

15 comments:

  1. We're so happy for you!!! Gorgeous photos and I was so touched by the photo with Lillian's birth parents. What a beautiful family you have. Loved the 2+2 photo that Peg posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of the pictures. What a perfect day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She looks as gorgeous as ever! :) That was such an amazing day, thanks so much for letting me a part of it! :) I love you guys so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holly, you have such a way with words! I couldn't be happier for you guys. I also was touched by the picture of Lillian's birth parents. You are such a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love these photos. and I love lillian. forever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Man, your post made me cry! I am so happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are so happy for your growing family, and were so sad we couldn't be there for such a special and meaningful occasion. Our hearts rejoice with you, we love you all!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. congratulations!! what beautiful pictures! and such a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. GOSH, this post has me in tears! I LOVE the pic of you guys holding hands. Well I love all the pictures actually. So happy for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm teary in my car reading this and seeing this priceless photos. I'm so happy for your beautiful family and for the joy you must be feeling. We love you guys! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is the most beautiful post Holly. I cannot tell you how happy I am for you and Dave & Lillian!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is the most beautiful post Holly! I cannot tell you how happy I am for you, Dave, & sweet Lillian!

    ReplyDelete