Thursday, May 28, 2009

I've been stalking you....


Our garden has been surprising us already this year, much to our benefit. We planted aspargus 3 years ago, not knowing a thing about growing it. We later found out that it takes 3 years after planting before you can actually eat the vegetable! Well guess what? It's the third year. So we have been savoring every delicious bite of our fresh aspargus, preferably roasted with a little olive oil and parmesan. yummmmmm.....
I also planted parsley a few years ago, and it came back last summer even larger than before. So this summer when I found a big sprouting green plant, I assumed it was the herb coming back yet again. But it didn't have a good, strong parsley scent so I decided to dig it up and replant. As I tried to yank it out of the garden, I realized it wasn't parsley at all, but a pile of carrots! Neither Dave nor I can recall ever planting carrots, but they somehow sprouted up right next to the parsley. All this before June 1? Can't wait to see what else our garden has in store for us this year....

No comments:

Post a Comment