Saturday, May 2, 2009

swim, bike, run

Last week dave competed in the 4th Street Clinic triathlon held on and around the U of U campus. The rain made things a little muddy, but it didn't phase dave a bit. Despite very little training, he managed to shave a few minutes off his time from last year. I'm always amazed how Dave can take the winter off from cycling and swimming and just jump right back into gear like it ain't no thang. All the proceeds from the race go to the 4th Street Clinic, which delivers health care to the homeless and needy of Utah. I have many family members that donate their medical and pharmacological skills to the clinic, and this is dave's way of contributing.
I'm also impressed at the wide variety of men, women, and children that compete in these sprint-distance triathlons. Not everybody looks like they could star on the cover of Shape magazine. It even makes me wonder "if they can do it, I can too!" Who knows, maybe I'll join their ranks someday. In the meantime, I'll enjoy supporting Dave with cameras, treats, blogposts, and love. Way to go DW!

No comments:

Post a Comment