Sunday, July 20, 2008

When life gives you brown bananas..........

I'm sorry if I post about food all the time. But let's face it- I just can't get enough. A co-worker brought in some banana bread the other day, and I fell in love. I've already baked 5 loaves of it, and haven't gotten sick of it yet. She was kind enough to share the recipe with me, so I will pass it along to you. Enjoy!


Mary's Famous Banana Bread

1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups mashed bananas (about 3 or 4 large bananas)
1/4 cup honey
2 eggs
2 cups whole wheat flour, or 2 1/2 cups white flour
chopped nuts (pecans, walnuts)- optional
chocolate chips- optional

Beat together first seven ingredients until totally smooth and creamed together.
Add in banana, honey, and eggs.
Stir in flour, about one cup at a time, then add nuts and chocolate chips, if using.
Pour batter into lightly greased loaf pan and let stand for 10 minutes.
Bake for 50 minutes at 350 degrees, then lay foil over top of bread and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean.
Cool in pan, remove and enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment